We Are Hiring
Role: Software Engineer
Based: Manchester (or Berlin, or Madrid, or almost anywhere. Even on your goat farm *)
We are looking for a software engineer to help us grow our range of products and to work on consultancy projects with high-profile customer organisations.
Required Background & Skills
- Writing great software
- A solid background in software development, with a BSc/MSc Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Several years experience with C# and also ideally Java
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, Google Apps, Google App Engine, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon etc.
- Experience with developing scalable applications
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
This Stuff Will Really Help…
- Experience of messaging systems such as Microsoft Exchange, Zimbra, Novell GroupWise, Lotus Notes/Domino and usage of their APIs **
- Development of web-applications using GWT and Google App Engine
- Easy to work with, able to work independently and effectively
- A focus on getting the task done
* Seriously. As a cloud-based company we recognise the benefits of remote working. If you work within a timezone thats suitable (+/-5 hours GMT) then remote working is a possibility, even on your goat farm.
** If you have these skills, your application will likely float to the top of the pile
Role: Migration & Support Specialist
Location: Our new offices in Lowry House, Marble Street, Manchester, UK.
About the Role
The Delivery Team helps businesses adopt Google Apps and migrate their data from legacy platforms. The team also provides ongoing support for Google Apps and our CloudMigrator tool. As a key member of this team, you’ll focus on running remote migrations for customers moving to Google Apps and you’ll provide support to partners that use our CloudMigrator tool.
- Handling support queries from customers via email and phone.
- Escalating support cases with our suppliers such as Google and progressing them to resolution.
- Creating Google Apps environments for new customers and configuring them to their requirements.
- Liaising with customers to obtain technical details required to migrate mail, calendar and contact data from legacy systems.
- Accessing customers systems remotely to migrate data using our CloudMigrator tool.
- Troubleshooting failed or incomplete migrations.
You will be an enthusiastic and talented IT professional with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
You will have a great customer support ethos and a tenacious approach to resolving their issues.
You should be familiar with Google Apps although training will be provided.
You must have experience with one or more legacy mail platforms like Exchange, GroupWise, Notes, Scalix.
An understanding of DNS (e.g. MX and SPF records) will be helpful.
Above all else you will have a desire to be at the forefront of the next wave in IT and want to play your part in converting businesses to the cloud.
Cloud Technology Solutions is a Premier Google Partner. We help customers adopt cloud computing solutions like Google Apps and we migrate their data. We have an in-house developed migration tool called CloudMigrator which is used by many Google partners around the world. We also develop custom solutions for our customers and partners.
We have been recognised as one of the fastest growing companies in the cloud computing sector. We’ve worked with multinational organisations with tens of thousands of users as well as SMEs with as few as ten.
If you think we’re a match made in heaven please email us now at email@example.com. Renumeration will be based on skills and experience.